Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Two Classy Ladies

Posted by Hello
Sandra Bullock


Posted by Hello
Marsha Evans

I have always admired Sandra Bullock's acting. And, truth be told, I have a crush on her!

When we were both Navy Lieutenants, I worked with Marsha Evans in a Navy office near the Pentagon with 10 other Navy Lieutenants. She later became an admiral, head of the Girls Scouts of America, and now President of the American Red Cross.

Sandra Bullock Donates $1 Million for Tsunami Relief

NEW YORK (Jan. 3) - Actress Sandra Bullock has donated $1 million to the American Red Cross to help relief efforts in countries affected by the deadly earthquake and tsunamis in southern Asia and eastern Africa.

Bullock, whose screen credits include "Miss Congeniality," "While You Were Sleeping" and "Speed," contacted the American Red Cross last week, the organization said Monday. She also donated $1 million after the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

"At this critical time, I am grateful to Sandra Bullock for once again demonstrating her leadership, compassion and belief in our global humanitarian mission," said American Red Cross President and Chief Executive Officer Marsha Evans in a statement. "Sandra continues to enable our lifesaving work and is a model for personal generosity."

1 Comments:

  • At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a beautiful lady - I became teary-eyed when I read about her incredible generosity. Now I admire her even more. I didn't know that she'd also been so generous after 9/11. What a gal! Funny, no Hollywood folks who play the political game have come forward to help. I know Ms. Bullock is wildly successful and talented, but there are others with much deeper pockets who can't seem to cough up some change. Yet here she is graciously helping others for a second time. Oooh, I just love her!

    Anita.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home