Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Monday, January 09, 2006

Culture of Death

.
The Pope yesterday abandoned his prepared homily, and launched an impromptu, impassioned defence of life and condemnation of the "culture of death", including abortion and contraception.

Today, Andrea Yates, who murdered her five little kids in a bathtub one at a time, pleaded innocent by reason of insanity.

Can we reconcile the two? How about finding Andrea guilty and insane, and locking her up with a similar guilty and insane person like Charles Manson?

I agree that abortion is murder. But contraception? The logic escapes me.

Finally, I see that Dick Cheney was hospitalized for heart and breathing problems, treated and released. How come the West Virginia miner McCloy goes into a medically sustained coma, Israel's Sharon goes into a medically sustained coma, but Cheney gets treated and released? His super-pro-Patriot Act position certainly qualifies him as comatose, too, doesn't it?

3 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    I think Andrea Yates really was insane. At the time of the murders. Not that that is any excuse to not be punished for murdering your kids.

    I'm insane and I never murdered anybody.

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    I HAVE given a few "looks that kill" though.....

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    I would love to see Cheney in a medically-induced coma! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home