Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pluto Demoted

.















So, all of these hot-shot astronomers who taught us that tiny Pluto and its two moons was a planet have changed their mind.

They kicked Pluto out of the club, reducing our planet count from 9 to 8.

Big deal; like I was planning a trip or something.

Best part of it: with fewer planets, we now need fewer astronomers. Hey, one out of every 9 of you guys has to turn in your telescope. AND your magic decoder ring.

We know how to deal with feisty astronomers: like the Inquisition and Pope Urban dealt with Galileo.

Recant, you heretics!


UPDATE

Well, this is starting to heat up. Globally. Check this out.


Heat up, globally.

Hmmm...

Global Warming...

Why, this is a case for...

AL GORE!

Man-bear-pig will just have to wait.


5 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    I know, right?
    Pluto was always my favorite planet because I loved the name!
    Also, if we hadn't had Pluto the Planet, we would have never had Pluto the cartoon dog!!
    Pluto you will always be a planet to me!

    Why couldn't they have demoted Uranus instead?

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    Brenda's right! I hate that they demoted Pluto. It reminds me of when the Catholic Church demoted St. Christopher.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please refer to today's post at my place for my take on this whole sordid affair.

     
  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    Oh no... If Algore takes up this cause, who will save us?

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Al Gore can handle this, and a lot, lot more!

    I'm totally cereal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home