Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Elections

.

Posted by Picasa


I think that the last time I voted for someone was for Ronald Reagan. Yet, I have voted in each presidential election since I came of age.

Like W.C. Fields, I find that I most often vote against someone.

I voted against Hubert Humphrey, and Nixon got elected.
I voted against George Mcgovern, and Nixon won.
I voted against Jimmy Carter, but he won.
I voted for Ronald Reagan, twice, and he won.
I voted against Michael Dukakis, and the senior George Bush won.
I voted against Bill Clinton, but he won.
I voted against Bob Dole, and Clinton won.
I voted against Al Gore, and the junior George Bush won.
I voted against John Kerry, and W won again.

That’s why it’s a problem for me when someone says, accusingly, to me, “Look what a bone-headed play your guy just made! What a dolt you put into office.”

I want to answer, “Hey, wait! The only way our system lets me vote AGAINST someone is to vote FOR the other guy! Don’t make me try to defend that guy. I just think that, as bad as it is now, it would be even worse under the other guy!”

It’s not the lesser of two evils; it’s the least objectionable of what’s there!

Or the least dangerous.

And that’s pretty bad.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sad as it is, it's true. It could be worse.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Daisy said…

    I would vote for anyone besides the dumbass we have running our country currently. I beg to differ...Nobody could be worse than George W.!!!!!

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    I take great pleasure in saying I never voted for him!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home