Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

New Friends from Byelorus


Posted by Hello

You may recall that I met a nice Russian fellow here in North Carolina last week, when I was getting some dog food. Tonight, I met a bunch of very nice young people from Byelorus, a former Soviet republic between Poland and Russia. Its capital is Minsk. Anyway, they are here working for a large U.S. corporation for four months, and they are about half way through their trip. It was great! They spoke beautiful Russian, I spoke Greg's memory of Russian learned long ago, but they were too polite to wince or to correct me! I am going to link up with good friend Brenda of Planet Brenda to see what kind of fun stuff we can line them up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home