Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Woe is Lil' Bud


Posted by Hello

Brenda at the similarly named Planet posted a sad story of a fine young hamster, Little Bud, who is beginning to behave like a truant from the streets of Newark. Perhaps Brenda will retrieve the little feller, and let him look over her shoulder as we try to cheer him up. (Tapping toe… dum de dum dum … tap, tap, tap) Okay!

Maybe you forgot his birthday:


Posted by Hello

Perhaps he just needs to get out for some fresh air:



Posted by Hello

Exercise is always good for youngsters:


Posted by Hello
Or, he may want to take in an act at a nightclub, like Barbara Streisand-Hamster’s:


Posted by Hello

BUT, if you don’t want him joining up with Abu-Nidal-hamster:


Posted by Hello

Then, get him a date!

Posted by Hello

No actual hamsters were harmed in the making of this public service announcement.

8 Comments:

  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    LITTLE BUD! In all his sweet cute cuddly wuddly.....aloofness. My little pet with the social anxiety disorder!

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    This has really made me laugh! I needed it soooo bad today, so thanks.

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    I am delighted that you liked it! Very welcome! I hope Lil' Bud smiled; but then, how could you tell?

    -Greg

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    Whew. Greg, it's about time you started posting public service announcements.

    Hamsters play golf? Maybe that's how we got Go'fers.

    Stew
    *Ducking and running for cover

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Very good, Stew! -Greg

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Oh Stew! That was a good one. I can hear the drum beat after the punchline.

    There's no way I'm getting him a girlfriend. I found out they breed like rabbits. I just find it unusual that he doesn't have the curiosity about humans that other hamsters I've known have had. OH I bet I know what it is!! He must be a TEENAGE HAMSTER! He's in his adolescent withdrawal phase.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Humans? Did you notice that SIX count 'em six articles in today's Hasty Rum are about animals? There is a good reason, too: every once in a while, I too get fed up with hoo-mans and I find peace and solitude among blotto birds, deputy dogs, hare-brained hamsters, protected polar bears, trotting turkeys and pill-popping pets. (Whew! Didn't think I could do that!) So, I sympathize with the reticent rodent. (Enough!)

    -Greg

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Me too Greg. Sometimes I think I could really get into hermitism.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home