Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Saturday, July 02, 2005

The Trip

The new client needs another week to set up offices, desks, etc. So I won't be leaving on my driving trip to California as soon as I had thought. But, instead of delaying a week and keeping to the six day schedule, I think I may slow it down to a ten day schedule. That way, I can see some favorite places again; see some new places; average five hours a day driving instead of seven; and allow for any delays or problems.

So, my new itinerary is:

Apex NC (start)
Atlanta GA
Memphis TN
Oklahoma City, OK
Dodge City KS
Denver CO
Laramie WY
Salt Lake City UT
Boise ID
Reno NV
Sacramento CA (end)

I think that this will be better. There will be more time to set up the trailer at night and in the morning, to cook dinner, and to take time to see some sights, and perhaps some friends and family along the way. What do you think?

8 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    Greg, look me up when you're in the Atlanta area.

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    Well, I guess I lied. After I left your email, this window popped up out of nowhere.

    Have a good trip!

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    I will, Stew. Please email me your contact info at gregfinn@gmail.com.

    -Greg

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Thanks, Kenju!
    -Greg

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Mellie Helen said…

    Sounds like a much more leisurely and pleasant drive. Boise is lovely in the summer!

    Hey, new profile pic! But, you need one with Lacy. I think she's feeling left out!

     
  • At 3:09 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Thanks, Mellie. Boise is a new place on my list; I have not been there. And I think Lacy IS in the picture: the blur in the lower right. She is such a possessive doggie. A former state trooper K-9 trainer plaayed with her away from me for ten minutes, and said that she has a very strong separation anxiety when I am not in sight!
    -Greg

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Okay, I'm scared. Greg and Stew, together, in person, in the same town. With Lacy and Muppets and Tripod. I am sure the jokes will be flying and the laughter will be heard throughout Atlanta. I wish I could be there and Live Blog the whole thing.

     
  • At 3:15 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Yeah, Brenda, this could be our own Live 2 concert. But instead of relieving hunger and poverty, we may be causing it! So we'll have to schedule lunch.

    -Greg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home