Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Up to Date ... Almost

.
Online banking is THE way to go. I just went through my second month of paying bills online, and I don't think I'll every go back. Sure, there is the occasional written or printed check, when one needs to put a special note on it or send it in with a form. But by and large, 90% of mine go electronically.

Not such good news on the income tax front. On the advice of the accountant, I extended filing until October 15. He's had my stuff for three weeks, and in the past they've done a great job. Now, today, he sends an email and says I should file it myself because he thinks he needs more information and he can't work on it now. THREE DAYS AFTER THE DEADLINE! Says he'll send me a list and we can amend it later. Like, fer sure, Batman. You'll never see the inside of my 1040 again! In fact, we'll be talking about any penalties I get for late filing, won't we?!

Tomorrow, I will hit the road at 5:30 am to drive 100 miles to San Jose, CA (yeah, do you know the way...?) to try to fit 12 hours of package testing into one working day. Why get a hotel room if I don't have to? This way is easier on Lacy and on me. But, it's a long day. I'm glad that Big Ride is all fixed up - new brakes two weeks ago, and a very expensive bunch of preventive maintenance last Monday.

I got some new updated prescriptions last Friday. I've been out for a while, but now I'm back on them. But, Sunday night, I got some very blurry vision - the eyes refusing to focus. I stopped all the prescriptions, and now (Tuesday evening) the eyesight is coming back slowly to normal. When I start up again, I will take one at a time until I see the problem. That is very unpleasant.

Lacy is still doing very well. She waits daily for news of Riggs, her dog friend from a distance in Atlanta with Stew Magoo. We hope that Riggs will have a full recovery and a long, long life - even if it IS with Stew! (Did I actually write that?)

3 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    Brutal man, brutal.

    :)

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Be careful with those medications. Its my guess its the either the LSD or the PCP that caused you problems. :-)

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Sorry, Stew. It just slipped out...

    Brenda, if it were hallucinogenics (a) I wouldn't have minded so much, and (b) I'd never be able to SPELL it! The eyesight is clearing up nicely now; gave me the opportunity to do some very good praying! And He listens!

    -Greg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home