Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Wonder Dog

.
I took Lacy in for her annual checkup and shots at noon on Friday. She was great! Got a three year rabies shot, and some antibiotics for a little infection I told the doc about. He is Hispanic, name of Dr. Angel A. which he pronounced "An-hel". But after he was so gentle with Lacy and fixed her right up with five shots, cleaned her ears and other orifices, and played with her, I called him Dr. Angel, and he liked it. I had them use their electronic doggie scanner, and we verified that the chip I had put in last year in Kansas City is still working. Doggie gets around!

She met her first cat at the vet's - one of his - and gave it a close up Lacy inspection, whereupon the devil cat promptly whipped out a claw and scratched Lacy in the eyebrow of the left eye, and on the edge of the eye lid. Yikes! A little blood, so I took the cat over to the operating table until the doc put some medicine on it.

I got a call last night from my daughter-in-law's Mum in Dublin, Ireland. Wonderful surprise! I called back today and left a long message, and then Margaret called me back ("rang me up") and we had a splendid, delightful conversation! Especially about our shared grand daughter, who took a few first steps last week in Hawaii, where John is stationed now. I told her that my client has a plant in Ireland, near Tipperary, so I'll call if they send me there!

After Lacy's checkup, I went back to work and found out that the client wants to send me to Germany for an equipment check out in November. I did the exact same thing for another client a few years ago - Germany in November for an equipment checkoout - and I was able to get the greatest Christmas gifts for the family on the trip. I hope this comes true. I will miss Lacy, but now with her shots up to date, she will be welcome in any of California's pet hotels. She's already looking through the brochures. "Swimming pools" are high on her list...

Finally, I ordered three new trousers from a favorite store on the Internet, and of course I have to hem them. The cheap sewing machine I got a few years ago (fits in a suitcase) has stitched its last, so I went to Wal*Mart and got a decent one today. Come to think of it, I also have three pairs of blue jeans to hem, so it will be getting a work out. I'll do it tomorrow, after my other domestic chores (laundry, and washing the RV exterior. I think it's supposed to be white.).

5 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    Evil felines. There was an ad campaign from Crystal (as in reports) years ago that showed a Lacy doggy looking bemused and the caption was:

    Cats, if only I had access to their data I could understand their wily ways.

    You sew eh? I'll have to needle you on that in a different thread.

    *running*

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    LOL Stew!

    Men should know how to sew, its a good thing.

    I am glad Lacy is healthy. How long will you be in Germany for?

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Stew, I like the Gary Larson Far Side cartoon showing a cat looking curiously inside the open door of a clothes drier, with a crudely lettered sign above with an arrow to the drier reading "CAT FUD", and the dog peeking around the corner saying, "Oh, please... Oh, please."

    And yes, that was pretty punny.

    Thanks, Brenda. I sew because the tape just doesn't hold well. The Germany trip should take about a week, if it comes off.

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Daisy said…

    My son-in-law just got stationed in Hawaii. He, my daughter and granddaughter just arrived at Pearl Harbor yesterday. How old is your granddaughter? Mine is 19 months old.

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Ciara is 15 months old. Just took a few steps last week. Good luck to your son-in-law, daughter and granddaughter! Hawaii is lovely, but very expensive. I recommend care packages with greenbacks in them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home