Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Aches

.
I helped a friend move on Saturday.

She and her husband live about an hour's drive from work in Vacaville, CA. She works at my client, and he works at a medical laser company. They bought a larger house with a bigger backyard about twenty minutes away from the first house. So, last Saturday was moving day. I jumped right in with Big Ride and some of my moving tools: hand truck, etc.

Their house is very, very similar to the house we had in Chula Vista for my last tour in the Navy. Even to the steep slope going up from the house to the border of the back yard. The developer, it turns out, last worked in San Diego. It brought back good memories.

It was a long day. Got there about 8:00 am, left about 8:00 pm. Begged off dinner, since I had left Lacy at home (the husband has allergies to pet dander) and needed to walk her and feed her. Dinner was cut fruit, which I really enjoy.

Sunday, somewhat stiff, I got up early and after Church, I visited a new appliance store and finally found the small drop in freezer! Bought it on the spot, loaded it with help into Big Ride, and managed to get it into the trailer myself. It's as big as a washing machine, but not as heavy. I loaded it with chicken, ground beef and pork from Costco last night, and it is great!

Net effect? I cannot move any more. Even my eyebrows ache. Oh, well.

No sighing. Conserve energy.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger kenju said…

    Have you semi-permanently moved out there? Or will you be back in NC eventually?

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    I will be back, Kenju. Home is Apex, NC, where I have my base and the HQ for my company. My brother is living there now. This assignment has the potential for extension. I got here in July, for a three-to-six month contract; and now they have assignments for me through April.

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Are you sure you're not vacavillian now????

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Yeah, yeah, me and Cindy Sheehan! I'd call her for dinner and a movie (if Al Sharpton would ever leave her alone!) but she's never in town!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home