Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Busier and Busier!

.
Very busy at the client now, and I'm holding my end up. The bicycle (Short Round) ate its front tire (thorn, from this country livin'), and the Ford place didn't get all of the parts in. I hitched a ride home last night, and in again this morning, but on the news that the truck will be another day, I decided to get the bike fixed. It's at work, and I need a tube and a compressor.

When I was a lad, I delivered newspapers in Chicago's suburbs, and I needed a bike. I got financing, and paid it off at $5.00 a month. $56 Schwinn. Great bike, and a satisfying experience.

Today, I had to call a cab, ride 4 miles to a bike shop with the flat wheel, get the guy to put in a new tube and the tape to cover the spoke nuts (which was broken), put it together and pump it up. Then, the waiting cab back 4 miles to work. All done and Short Round is my chariot again. It cost $46 for all of that.

Coulda almost had a new bike... if I could also turn the clock back 46 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home