Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Friday, September 30, 2005

The RV Park and Campground

.
As soon as I drove Big Ride back into the campground, the fellow who helped me get my WIFI working and pointed me to the truck repair place came around and saw the error on the dual rear wheels. He spent a good 20 minutes fixing the problem, even donating two valve extensions he got for his motor home in Davenport, IA. Of course, I paid him for them. What nice people!

"PV Park" really means a place to park the RV. There are a couple of pop-up campers here; but the rest are fifth wheels, class A motor homes, and a few class B's.

Fifth wheel RV:



Class A Motor Home:



Class B RV:



Class C RV:



So, I started hummin the old Roger Miller song:

Trailers for sale or rent,
Rooms to let... fifty cents.
No phone, no pool, not pets.
I ain't got no cigarettes.

Ah, but, two hours of pushin' broom
Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room.
I'm a man of means by no means.
King of the Road.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Wow Greg, I didn't realize they classified campers. Here's the way I would classify them:

    1. Shaina Twain tour bus
    2. The "Home Away From Home"
    3. Retirement rig built especially for traveling from fishing pier to fishing pier.
    4. The Box of Beds on Wheels.
    5. The shell on the back of a pick up truck.
    6. Tarp between two trees.

    I'm glad to hear the Big Ride is back in business!

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Sorry, Stew, and blogdollar1, and all others spammalizing the blogosphere. My anti-spam medicine is strong.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    Better off dead movie quote:
    Oh man..., that's a shame. people be purposefully throwing away [spam] like 'dat.

    Hope it gave you a grin at least.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home