Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Things I Never Expected

It is very funny how the things I never expected have all, without exception, turned out great:

I never expected to get into the college I chose. Instead, I got two appointments.

I never expected to get promoted two years early in the Navy. But I did.

I never expected to have command of a Navy ship at age 30, but I did.

I never expected that I would need to quit drinking. But I did, 24 years ago.

I never expected that I could quit smoking. I did, ten years ago.

I never expected that I could travel full time all over the country, with my own consulting business, in a cool great trailer and a huge truck, but here I am.

I never expected to have four great kids, who all turned into great people, but they did.

I never expected she would leave me. But, you know what? After two years, it is turning out much better than I expected!

So, the conclusion?

I suck at predictions.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    The Tao of Greg

    "I suck at predictions"

    Very deep.
    :)

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Sounds like things are going pretty good for you, I'm happy for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home