Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Road Trip!

.
Big Ride (the truck) and Big Easy (the trailer) are exceeding expectations - again!

We left Branson MO this morning. It's a neat, glitzy, almost tacky town. All of the flash that didn't fit in Vegas or in Times Square is collected in Branson. The Strip contains more country & western shows than Hee Haw. Yakov Smirnoff has his own club - for morning shows! Andy Williams has his Moon River Theater. And the RV campground I parked in had paved sites to park in! Dolly Parton has the Dixieland Stampede with a dirt-floor arena, and ostrich races. My night there was tame: after getting Lacy her dinner, I walked 50 yards to a Japanese steak house. The only other folks at the hibachi were a young husband and wife from Branson. The folks in the Midwest are so nice, that shortly we were sampling each other's dinner as if we were family!

I'm glad that I explored Branson, because I will return.

So, we set records today: 550 miles in 9 hours, and we finished with Missouri, Illinois, and Indiana, and tonight (uh... this morning, 1:20 am) we are in Louisville KY. I enjoyed the lack of traffic after 9:00 pm, so we just kept going to my original destination - the KOA 15 miles beyond Louisville.

Now, it's time to sleep...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Daisy said…

    Your description of Branson is right on!!! I had to chuckle to myself while reading your description of Branson, "glitzy almost tacky town" because it is such an accurate description. Last fall, my boyfriend and I went to visit my brother and sister-in-law who live in Republic, MO. Republic is right outside Springfield and not far from Branson. We went down to Branson one day. We went to see the Dixie Stampede. I enjoyed it but if you go don't expect to get an alcoholic drink. They do not serve such stuff. If I go to a dinner show, I like to have a drink with my meal.

    You drove through Indiana on Interstate 64. That is the part of Indiana I grew up.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Daisy, looks like I just missed some destructive winds in that area. That is a very pretty part of Indiana - not like Gary at all!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home