Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Monday, February 27, 2006

Back On The Road!

.
Lacy is packed, and we get back on the road again on Wednesday, March 1st.

Negotiations are proceeding with a firm in New Hampshire for my next contract. They have a lot of work, so this could run for half a year or so. Unfortunately, that area is getting down to 14 degrees F at nights now (brrrrr...) but 50 to 60 during the day.

I mapped out the route, then I checked for RV campgrounds along the way that are open all year. I adjusted the route to match up with them, and then I ran the towns through the Weather Central dot com website for route weather. I am glad that I did! I changed the track to avoid some snow in the middle of next week in New York state, ran it back through the map site and got matching campgrounds. Now, I have a full set of maps, a whole list of campgrounds, and a schedule that will take eight days, a total of 59 hours of driving, and cover 3,247 miles.

The actual route I have is further south than the one above. I'm going to use I-70, not I-80, to avoid some weather.

Phew!

If negotiations break down, shifting to North Carolina instead of New Hampshire is not hard from this distance. Shifting to Los Angeles is even easier...

7 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I gotta tell you, Greg, you live one fascinating life.

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Wordnerd, it is fun - and hectic! I can't complain, though. I came to Callifornia for a three month contract, which was extended to seven months. Time to move along.

     
  • At 1:46 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Well, the folks in New Hampshire were thrilled with the interview and my references and resume. And, they not only want my experience and expertise to help them out of a FDA bind; they also would much appreciate my subsidizing their effort, by paying for part of my work myself. That is, they cannot find enough money to pay the fee which they knew about before they called me. While this is a great opportunity for me to contribute financially and professionally to a very profitable company, I shall be inclined to decline.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Daisy said…

    At least we are not headded into winter. Spring is hopefully on its way. Happy traveling.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger kenju said…

    Does that mean you are coming back to NC instead of NH?

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Yes, Gerera Daisy, and I can't wait for spring! It's rainy and in the 30's and 40's here in California! They must buy Florida oranges and re-sell them as their own.

    Kenju, I will probably wind up in North Carolina. I say it that way because, with an eight day drive ahead of me and lots of cell phones and wireless PC's, it can change daily. I may focus on stopping in New Jersey to visit my son, if I can figure out how to get this rig down his narrow dead-end street and back out again!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Daisy said…

    You will have to wave hi while driving through NJ on your way to NC. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home