Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Back To Work

.
I've searched for my next contract for six weeks. That's about two weeks beyond economic viability! Prospects ran hot and cold; things materialized and then disappeared. So, of course, last Friday I finally got not one, but three offers.

Actually, one firm offer and two "we really want to, soon" ones. So, Lacy and I will be driving from North Carolina to Bethlehem PA on Monday. It's only a one day trip, and it's near my oldest son and his wife in New Jersey, so those are positive benefits. They want me to consult as a packaging engineer, and that's right up my alley.

The other two are for St. Louis (a variety of pharmaceutical manufacturing projects) and for Minneapolis (hands on working manager for medical device manufacturing). Both are consulting, and both are expected to gel soon. I told both companies thanks, but I gave my word to the Bethlehem people first. Maybe later, but after I've both paid some bills and delivered some value to the people in Bethlehem.

Besides, I gave my word.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Daisy said…

    Give a shout out as you pass through Jersey!!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    I'm sure Lacy is going to be excited to hit the road again!

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Let us know how you are doing once you get settled in Greg!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Mellie Helen said…

    Wouldn't December have been the month to go to Bethlehem? ;)

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Daisy, Brenda, we are settled in and doing well. The managers at the campground are not friendly, so I am going to look for a new place. But work is great.

    It's interesting, Mellie. There is a town called "Emmaus" - you know, St. Paul as a Roman was riding on the road to Emmaus (my New Testament spelled it with one "m", I think) when he saw an apparition of the Lord, and became one of the greatest evangelizers ever. And, there is a town of Nazareth in this area, too.

    Of course, Bethlehem PA goes way back in U.S. history as the home of Bethlehem Steel, without whom we would probably not have won World Wars I or II.

    -Greg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home