Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Great Truths From Stephen Wright

.
FROM THE MYSTERIOUS MIND OF STEPHEN WRIGHT

* I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it.
* I had amnesia once - maybe twice.
* Photons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic.
* All I ask is a chance to prove money can't make me happy.
* I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
* If the world was a logical place, men would ride horses sidesaddle.
* What is a "free" gift? Aren't all gifts free?
* They told me I was gullible. And I believed them.
* Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to edge his car onto a freeway.
* Two can live as cheaply as one, for half as long.
* Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.
* What if there were no hypothetical questions?
* One nice thing about egotists. They don't talk about other people.
* When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.
* A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.
* What was the greatest thing before sliced bread?
* My weight is perfect for my height. Which varies.
* I used to be indecisive. Now, I'm not sure.
* The high cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
* How can there be self-help "groups"?
* Is there another word for synonym?
* The speed of time is one second per second.
* Is it possible to be totally partial?
* What's another word for thesaurus?
* Is Marx's tomb a communist plot?
* Show me a man with both feet firmly on the ground, and I'll show you a man who can't get his pants off.
* It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.
* Is it my imagination, or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?
* If a number 2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still number 2?

5 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for sharing that. He is a genius, and I had the opportunity to see him live once...an experience I'll never forget.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    The greatest thing before sliced bread was grilled wooly mammoth.

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Mellie Helen said…

    Not a Stephen Wright-ism, but the kind of joke that sorta fits his style:

    A baby seal walks into a club...

    (That's it.)

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Wordnerd, I wish I had seen him. Instead, we went to see Bill Cosby. Gag me with a spoon... please.

    Brenda, you are showing your ice age...

    Mellie, I am shocked. SHocked, I say. It gives me a headache.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    Good lines!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home