Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Busy

.
Lacy and I with the pesky little kid from the camper next door.

The rain yesterday made for a relaxing day.

I've switched from the U.S. Mail to UPS for all of my forwarding needs. Since I travel a lot, I have tried for three years to get the USPS to forward my mail, first from home to my hotel, then from home to a post office box, then from a permanent post office box at home to a temporary post office box at my work location.

Nothing has worked. Not a thing. Right now, I have been waiting for 8 weeks for the mail to be forwarded to me from California.

So, I now have a UPS mail box at home for all of my mail; and a temporary UPS box here in Pennsylvania. Guess what? After three days, the system is already working. And on Saturday morning, in the rain, I received my first fee payment from the new client, in the new UPS box here. Next week, electronic deposit starts.

Another idea which has proven to be great for traveling a lot: switch your banking to Bank of America. They have branches and ATM's everywhere. That also means that my checks are regarded as "local" by campgrounds, RV stores, and grocery stores.

Yesterday, Lacy and I dealt with the mail, grocery shopping and a nice walk. Today, it was church, laundry at the laundromat, and I found a new RV campground. It is closer to work, in a very pretty area by a private lake. The place has a reputation as being strict on rules enforcement, and they have many rules (like not walking the dog in the campground, and not using electric heaters). I will appreciate their "no noise" policies and their fees, which are about 1/3 less than what I paid in California.

I am moving out of the KOA here since their store is only open when I am at work, and the owners are very unfriendly. They know that I am not happy, but they chose to give up at least three months of my campground fees rather than accomodate me. It must be great to be so rich that you can ignore your customers, and then let your business trickle away!

I am now at a Panera Bread place, munching as I type. These places are great! Free WIFI and great coffee. The next big event today is to cook the turkey breast I bought yesterday. That will give Lacy and me at least three dinners and several sandwiches for lunch. Good stuff!

It's fun to be busy.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SOUNDS LIKE THINGS ARE GOING WELL WITH YOU & LACEY. YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AT OUR HOUSE WHEN YOU NEED TO GET AWAY FOR A FEW HOURS. JUST LET US KNOW SO WE CAN HAVE A GOOD DINNER READY!!

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Wow! Thanks, Nicky. That's fantastic, and I'll call soon! Cool!

    I can even bring some kitty toothpaste... Just kidding!

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so, i guess Tom told you they all need a good teeth cleaning.. a little too expensive right now. maybe a little toothpaste will do for now. do you want to do the brushin' or the holdin'? hahaha

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Yes, Nicky, Tom told me. Lots of money! I do Lacy's with a rubber finger device which has a brush built in, so I don't have the tooth brush handle to get in the way. She likes it, since it is special dog tooth pastge flavored like beef and digestible. We can't use human toothpaste, because it upsets the digestion - it's designed to be spat out, not swallowed, but cats and dogs don't know that!

    Thanks anyway, but I plan to be in another state when you clean the four kittys' teeth!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home