Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Friday, May 26, 2006

Squirrely

.In these rural parts of Pennsylvania, for some reason, the posted speed limits are 40 mph. Similar roads in Kansas, Missouri, even California have 65+ speed limits.

Today, the fauna and flora on the way to work were great. Eager to get to work, I sped up to 65 mph in Big Ride.

I noticed many squirrels out at 6:30 am. For some reason, they seem more laid back, relaxed and unhurried here than in other parts of the country, especially when eating breakfast on the blacktop.

Suddenly, I realized why the speed limit is so low: the squirrels are timed for 40 mph.

Note to self: Wash truck on Saturday. Start with wheels.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Aww Greg. You won't believe this but I hit a squirrel on Thursday. Honestly though, I think I just ran over his tail. I wouldn't look back because I couldn't stand it.

    Little squirrels are so cute!

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger kenju said…

    Eeeeeewww! Greg. Sorry about that.

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Brenda, I understand. I don't look back, either. And I don't feel the thump.

    Kenju, sometimes these guys get confused, and run back and forth in the same two feet. That will not get them to safety, unfortunately.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home