Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I Wasn't Fast Enough

.

Cingular Wireless pulled a ring tone from its web site which some said was "blatantly offensive."

The ring tone started with a siren, followed by a male voice saying in a Southern drawl, "This is la Migra," slang for the Border Patrol.


"Por favor, put the oranges down and step away from the cell phone. I repeat-o, put the oranges down and step away from the telephone-o. I'm deporting you back home-o," the voice continued.

I wasn’t fast enough to download-o it.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Soooooo...that's offensive as a ring tone, but some of the hard core rap ring tones aren't? Just askin'...

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Is that one of the contenders for the new Mexican National Anthem?

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Wordnerd, I haven't heard the rap ring tones, because when they do percussion, I don;t want to get spit in my ear.

    Brenda, I think that you're thinking of the new Hispanic American Anthem. I think the one you mentioned is sung to the tune of "North to Alaska", but the word Alaska is replaced with 'Merica.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home