Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Chris Rock's Mom Is Some Kinda ... Angry

.

Cracker Barrel

Rose Rock, the mother of comedian Chris Rock, claims that a Cracker Barrel restaurant in South Carolina "racially discriminated" against her when she was seated but ignored for more than a half hour. She plans to sue.

Well, of COURSE she does!

Half an hour - sakes alive! I have NEVER had to wait that long in Cracker Barrel. Rather, I can't remember being waited on that quickly there.

Once it was more than forty-five minutes. Since then, I leave if the waitress hasn't dropped by in 10 or 15 minutes.

I didn't realize they were discriminating against me! Must be because I'm Irish-American. Or from Chicago. Or I am not gay.

She complained to the manager, who offered her and her daughter a free meal. She said that that wasn't enough.

Well, of COURSE she did!

Oh, and by the way, she has lived in South Carolina at least since her (millionaire) son was born there, so she knows where to eat and how to get service. She chose to sue Cracker Barrel over a $5.75 dinner.


Could it be that, like the old restaurant chain, Sambo's, she just doesn't like their name?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home