Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Johnny Depp

.





















I thought of writing a kind of tribute to Johnny Depp, but People Magazine did a much better job
than I could on this Blogger-infested blog.

I liked Depp's performance in Pirates: Curse of the Black Pearl, and in Finding Neverland. I am looking forward to Pirates: Dead Man's Chest (which my daughter gave to me for Christmas), and in the 2007 release of the movie version of Sweeny Todd.

He owns a villa in France which he bought for $2,000,000. He decided to leave during
the French riots. In 2004, he bought an island in the Bahamas, and as of last July he moved the family there from France. He is keeping the French villa and the house in the U.S., but the Bahamas, he says, will be the primary home.

Makes sense: Pirates #3 is due to start filming next year, probably in the Bahamas again.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    You posted that for Brenda, didn't you!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Work started on Pirates #3 last July. Keith Richards wanted Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts - The Rolling Stones - to appear alongside him in the movie. He plays the father of Johnny Depp's character, Captain Jack Sparrow. Richards wanted all his mates in the movie, but there were no parts for them. Richards is 62, and was recently hospitalized for an operation to drain blood from his brain after falling out of a coconut tree.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!
    Favoritest.post.ever!!!!!

    I am getting ready to mail you picture of Keith Richards as Johnny Depp's father. I personally saw no need for makeup, but.......

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Kenju, I am actually hoping that Johnny Depp sees this. I could use a vacation at his former Bella Lugosi house in LA, his house near St. Tropez in France, his apartment in Paris, and/or the hut in the Bahamas on the island at Little Hall's Pond Cay.

    Brenda, thanks! I thought that you might like it.

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Daisy said…

    I just love Johnny Depp!!! He looks mighty fine as a pirate.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I find it entirely entriquing that his pose, especially the facial pose, in the picture, admirably reflects the same pose as shown by Captain 'Finnegan' er Quint from the stern of the Orca.

    SRC - 01/2008

     

Post a Comment

<< Home