Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

A turkey farmer was always experimenting with breeding to perfect a better turkey. His family was fond of the leg portion for dinner and there were never enough legs for everyone. After many frustrating attempts, the farmer was relating the results of his efforts to his friends at the general store get together. "Well I finally did it! I bred a turkey that has six legs!"

They all asked the farmer how it tasted.

"I don't know" said the farmer. "I never could catch the darn thing!"

4 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a good one, I've never heard it... Nicky

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Nicky, it's like the one about the guy who got impatient waiting to take his centipede for a walk. He called upstairs, "What's taking so long?" The centipede answered, "Keep your hat on; I'm tying my shoes."

    -Greg

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    On one of my hikes this summer I spotted a wild turkey. He spotted me too about the same time and he took off running! You wouldn't believe how fast they can run if you've never seen one before. Catching one with 6 legs would be hopeless.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Oh my gosh! I just realized what this all means: my main course yesterday was the sloooowwwww one! -Greg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home