Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Family Truckster

Posted by Hello

I bought the first part of the set this week: a Ford F350 Super Duty truck with dual rear wheels, towing package, and because it's a 2003 model, 7.5 liter diesel. Ford switched to a 6 liter version recently, with some customer grumbling. It still has the plastic on the carpets, and is low mileage for a diesel. See, this little old lady... Mine is white, with a brush guard grille. Unlike the picture, it will not be used to haul wine barrels. It will be used to haul a fifth-wheel trailer, for Lacy and me to use when we are at a client for a long period of time, as has been the pattern for several years. I will get the truck next week, and I will have a liner sprayed into the bed, and a powered sun roof installed. A good friend and a fine Southern lady said, "Oh, that's a big ride!" So she has named it for me: Big Ride! I will have it stenciled on the sides.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Oh, good save, Potato!! I shall not mention that in Ireland, and dear daughter-in-law Tina and granddaughter Ciara: the truck shall never enter Eire!

    -Greg

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Mellie Helen said…

    "Big Ride" stencilled on the side? I think I can hear you growing more chest hairs. Hey, bring your truck to my neighborhood, and you'll be able to tow tons of wine barrels home with you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home