Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Monday, April 04, 2005

Wireless!

I just went wireless! Gee, this is like working without a net!

I got a replacement PC for the oldest, brokest, most out-of-date one in my company, and I made sure it was wireless. I found out today that Starbucks offers "hotspots", but their service is provided by T-Mobile, so there is a charge. At Panera's Bakery and Cafe, it's free. And, they also have coffee, latte... and LOTS of bread!

The computer found the network, and I just clicked a few things and here we are. Now, I just have to keep the crumbs out of the keyboard. Oops, there goes one... kybrd.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Oh man, wireless? I am soo jealous!

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Amanda, I think that the price of cards for your notebook is coming down. If you don't have a notebook, well, then you'll need a handtruck to wheel your desk top PC into the place...
    -Greg

     
  • At 1:11 AM, Blogger Mellie Helen said…

    So, working on the net, without a net. Wheeeeeee! You will never want to go back, I assure you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home