Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

America's Dumbest Drivers

The GMAC Insurance National Driver's Test found that nearly 20 million licensed American drivers would fail a state driver's test if they had to take one today. Drivers in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic states did worst. Twenty percent of test-takers failed there.

STATE-BY-STATE SCORES

TOP FIVE:
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Iowa
4. Idaho
5. Wyoming

BOTTOM FIVE:
1. Rhode Island
2. Massachusetts
3. New Jersey
4. New York
5. Washington, DC

Well, I could have told you that! When I am driving through New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts, I sometimes have to drop one of my cell phones because someone cut me off. And entering something on the notebook computer while driving on the Jersey Turnpike? Fugeddaboudit!

They definitely could use some driver’s ed. My four kids all learned to drive in New Jersey, and I am sure that they drive like little angels up there…

1 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    UPDATE: I passed my North Carolina written, sign recognition and eye test today, so I now have a NC Driver's License. I missed one question: something about how long to cook grits in a semi trailer's cab if the gun rack is empty. I shoulda paid more attention to My Cousin Vinny.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home