Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Friday, June 17, 2005

Earthquakes: Getting Even

I had a great phone interview the other day from a prospective client in Vacaville, CA. "A second person will call you right away so you can start next week," they said. "Let's do lunch Tuesday." Two days later: no second call. I've called back, left messages - nothing.

Now:

Earthquakes. Four significant ones this week in California. Magnitudes 6.4, 4.9, 5.2 and 7.2.

No one has been seriously injured. Yet.

C'mon, Vacaville, make that call. Before I lose my temper.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Mellie Helen said…

    Geez, Vacaville, call him already, before he shakes us all up again! (Greg, I can't believe you'd go this far just to get someone's attention! Sheesh!!)

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Mellie Helen said…

    Me again, but this time, I'm dropping by to wish you a happy Father's Day!!

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    California is still intact, so I am assuming Greg got his gig.

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    Greg, I need a fix.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Mellie, thank you for your nice Vacaville notes and Father's Day note. Meredith, I cannot wait for Potter, also... but I think my niece has become too old and too sophisticated to read them anymore! Brenda, we are one step closer to the gig, and it cost only one more earthquake. Stew, I lost the number for that vet, but... I have tools. -Greg

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    Ouch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home