Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Monday, June 27, 2005

News and Doings

So much is going on:

1. The Left Coast contract is approved, and I will drive from North Carolina to California in about a week. Work starts on July 11.

2. Lacy the dog is packed.

3. My brother is now ensconced in North Carolina: looking for a job, exploring the area, settling in.

4. My niece found the used bass guitar and amplifier she wants me to buy for her. How can I refuse? Guitar for her, ear plugs for her Mom, Dad, and brother. Heck, they'll never find me in California!

5. While in Chicago, I had very successful meetings with official people concerning my brother's transfer, with his landlord concerning breaking his lease (which landlord thankfully lost his lease), and with the proprietors of the cemetery where my Mom, Dad, and other fond family members from my childhood are buried. So I bought my plot! (That is a w..e..i..r..d.. feeling!)

6. My landscaper son and his new wife are blissful in New Jersey; my Navy son and his Irish wife and daughter are settled in Hawaii; my high school teacher son and his wife in Massachusetts are starting summer theater for the kids (Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat); and my daughter is having a great time with her internship and with the social life with her guy in the greatest town for Young Professionals: Washington DC.

7. Lacy just reminded me that she is PACKED, so LET'S GO ALREADY!

6 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    Congrats Greg.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Thanks, Stew.

    What a nice idea, Meredith: trees, near water. My first thought? Mosquitoes! And you'll be the only one not swatting the little buggers! Great idea!

    -Greg

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great news about California! Hope it all goes well.

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Thanks, Claire! It's a great adventure, and I hope to record some of it in the blog.

    Good news about your close friend moving back to Bristol. Before your time, we heard that "the kids in Bristol are sharp as a pistol... when they do the Bristol stomp". Actually, I think of Bristol's more serious history, because I went to college in Annapolis, at the Naval Academy, which is situated on a river named after your Severn!

    -Greg

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Hi, ran across you at Mellie Helen's comments. You're headed close to our (new) neck of the woods. We just relocated to Napa Valley from Nebraska courtesy of the Air Force. Many of my husband's friends/coworkers live in and around Vacaville. Hope you enjoy the area!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Thanks, Karen. I sympathize with your Air Force move with four kids; did the same for years with the Navy! This time, it's a fifth wheel trailer and the dog, and me!

    -Greg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home