Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Big Ride and Stress

Monday, I found a Ford truck dealer and pulled into the service area for an oil change. The truck has been working hard, towing Big Easy across the country and up and down mountains, so I wanted to change the engine oil and filters, and check the transmission.

They couldn't take me, they said, for three days. Way behind.

So I asked what time they opened, and when they told me 7:00 am, I said I would be there and I would stay until they could fit me in.

Monday night, I noticed that some oil had sprayed up on the tailgate of the truck, but I couldn't see where it had come from. I made a mental note to check it on the lift when they changed the oil.

Tuesday morning, I got up early, and started driving the truck to the dealer. It went 100 feet when the engine killed, and it wouldn't start again. I checked the engine, and found that the oil level didn't register on the dipstick. I was pretty sure the engine wasn't damaged, since it had just run and it wasn't seized; but the truck would not start. So, that's where the oil came from that was sprayed on the bottom of the truck.

I called a tow truck, who took the truck to the dealer 2 miles away.

This is pretty stressful, as you can imagine. How much will it cost? How long will I be without a truck? How can I get to work, and move the trailer?

All this time, Lacy was asleep at Big Easy.

I'll tell you how it turns out later.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    Man that sucks!

    Hope it turns out okay.

    Stew

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Now that is a bummer. I'm feeling your pain.

    Maybe you should get a bike and keep it on the Big Easy for emergencies? Of course, everyone will think you're suffering from Too Many DUIs Syndrome but hey....

     
  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Thanks, Stew. Brenda, I DO have a bike, hanging from the back of Big Easy. It's a five-speed mountain bike. Fortunately, I haen't needed it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home