Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Snarkiness

.
Mr. Stew of Get Stewed has written a wonderful story about the purchase of a new car for his lovely wife. He invited me to comment on his new nom de plume, Mr. Snark.

As I am sure he is aware, Mr. Lewis Carroll of Oxford University, England, wrote not only Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, but also The Hunting of the Snark.



I dare not add, change, or pollute Lew's work (I used to call him "Carol", but that got confusing). Instead, let me refer you to the first part of the work to judge for yourself. (While you are there, enjoy my pictures from Glacier National Park last summer.) Kindly note the parallels to Mr. Stew's story:
  • A slight though clear resemblance to what we think of as "sanity";
  • The Sales Weasel as Banker, perhaps, or Butcher;
  • The lovely Jen temporarily as Bellman, but who will appear in a more fitting role in a later Fit;
  • The receptionist as ... well, you know;
  • And Mr. Stew himself, as Thing-um-a-jig, Toasted Cheese, and Snark.

We will post subsequent Fits, or chapters, as space permits. And as my therapist allows.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    I haven't read it yet! I am going to check it out now.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Brenda et. al., I have now included the rest of the epic, at the end of the link.

    Be sure to read the author's Preface, too!

    -Greg

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    A friend whose opinion I value a lot said that she liked this story, and thought it was funny.

    In the words of Carl Spackler of Caddyshack, "So, I got that goin' for me."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home