Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Okay, THIS Was A Storm

.
.
I guess that 4" of rain in 24 hours counts as a storm, and that's what we had in northern California. My personal observation - it's a good start at rinsing away all of this dust - is not being popularly received out here, so I have taken down the banner for now.

Lacy had to wait until the waters subsided at noon on Saturday for her morning toilet, since she didn't want to use my pier (formerly known as the wooden steps into the trailer). She would bark and bark and bark, pace to the end of the pier, peer into the muddy water 6" deep around the trailer, and return sullenly to the couch.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Be careful. Too bad we haven't invented our "land adhesive" yet.

    And poor Lacy!

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Mellie Helen said…

    Okay, you're blogging, so I guess the last line of this article doesn't refer to you. Good golly!

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Thanks, Brenda and Mellie. The rain is horizontal now, and 45 knot winds, but the trailer is snug and warm.

    Oh, and Lacy and I took care of "business" tonight before the heavy stuff started. It knocked over my satellite antenna, though, so I will just watch whats already on the Tivo.

    Happy New Year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home