Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Mother Theresa

.
I like Mother Theresa, and I liked her quote today about smiles. Here's another one:

"Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing."

It seemed to me that most of her pictures showed a serious mien, so I did a little searching. I was wrong.

Look what I found. (Click to make it bigger.)



She is surely a saint.

Here's another one:

"Just stay out of French automobiles."

7 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    I collect magnets and I actually have that picture of Mother Teresa and Princess Di on a magnet.

    I was never quite sure what possessed me to buy it.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Puremood, thanks for the visit and the comment. I like your blog, too. Tha Navy memories stirred up my own!

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great post. Love the smiles. My favorite quote of hers was the one that went something like, "I know God doesn't give us more than we can handle, but sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." Paraphrased, to be sure, but the point is there.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Wordnerd, I like that one a lot, too. In fact, we should be happy that Mother Teresa was not cloistered, in an order requiring silence. Check out her many, many quotations here: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mother_teresa.html

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    Greg, someone else who is religious and smiles a lot is the Dalai Lama. He giggles! He is so cute.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Kenju, I agree - I like his smiles. I wish he wouldn't wear sleeveless sarongs, though...

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger maria said…

    Greg,

    Thanks so much for the link to
    Mother Theresa's quotes. Much
    appreciated.


    Marie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home