Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Music City, USA

. Vince Gill at the Grand Ol' Opry, Nashville TN

Lacy and I arrived in Nashville, TN, this afternoon, and have set up camp at a very well equipped KOA campground. Next door is a group of four Dutch gentlemen who rented a motorhome and are wearing Nashville T-shirts. Very friendly fellows, drinking Budweiser around the picnic table. I keep looking for their big hats and the Meerschaum pipes, and the Rembrandt guy painting their portraits.

I came here to see the Music City, much as I wanted to see Branson MO: for future trip planning. No time now to go to shows, or to go on tours, though I'd like to. I think that Nashville TN may be within one day's drive to home in North Carolina, which would be fun for a long weekend.

Tonight, I am staying in the trailer with a new movie I bought today on DVD: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I need to keep up-to-date on the Potter series for discussions with my niece and my nephew. I think that this is one of the better Potter shows, with good wit and some realistic teenage angst. (And angstresses, for the distaff side...)

I enjoy cut fruit sometimes, just the fruit, for dinner. The better supermarkets often have a medley of melon chunks (honeydew and cantaloupe, sometimes watermelon). But recently I have had some bad ones - turning sour, or actually fermenting. So, last weekend, I bought the makings: a honeydew melon, a cantaloupe, fresh strawberries, fresh seedless grapes, and some great Fuji apples. I made my own cut fruit bowl tonight - honestly, there is enough uncut fruit left for five more dinners! I added some semi-stale French bread with peanut butter. Just great! All while Harry was trying to get a date for the ball.


2 Comments:

  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    Greg, from here to Nashville in one day would be a loooooong trip! It took us 4 hours to go from here to Bristol, TN, and Nashville is about 4 hrs. beyond that.

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Well, Kenju, in that case, maybe I DO have time for some sightseeing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home