Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Apocalypto

.















Mel Gibson filmed the whole movie in the language called Yukatek Mayan.

Apparently he wanted to make a statement about the war in Iraq. He just didn’t want anyone to understand it.

Sure, we know that he’s gun shy. A teensy weensy drinking problem, and all the Jews get mad.

He likes subtitles? Here’s a subtitle:

. Идет рисунок

. (That’s “Go figure” in Russian. Pronounced "eedjiot reesunok".)

Two can play the subtitle game!

I fought Aramaic, Hebrew and Latin to watch The Passion of The Christ.

I have paid my dues.

I will pay to watch Apocalypto when it is shown in one of the languages I understand.



6 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    I won't pay to watch it.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Salihah סליחה صالحه said…

    LOL! Amen! I saw a preview for this...lame.

    Peace,
    Salihah

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    I beat Brenda here!

    I thought Apocolypto was a color anyway. Sort of a purplish green color.

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    did you have to reprogram your keyboard to type that?

    *ignores Stew*

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Kenju, it looks pretty violent to me.

    Salihah, Peace back to you! Everyone, visit Salihah's wonderful blog. I like the posting by some Israeli soldiers!

    Stew, it's purplish due to the blood, green due to the money.

    Brenda, I have a Cyrillic True Type font I can use when I type Russian. I just have to hunt-and-peck, trying to remember where each character is! I could re-label the keys, but that's messy. If I had to do it frequently, like for a class, I'd get a cheap keyboard and only use it for Cyrillic stuff.

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mel Gibson is a ticking timebomb of insanity. He may even defeat Tom Cruise in the battle for moronic supremity although this remains to be seen. I think people should start taking bets right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home