Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Lacy Is Home!

But we're not...

Let me explain. Lacy the doggie came home yesterday, February 28th, after a frightening time which wound up as a four night stay at the vets. He said she still has blood at times in her stool, and dry heaves once or twice a day, but he thinks she's much better, and better off at home. I agree, and Lacy obviously does! He loaded me up with medications and bland food for her, and a bunch of instructions.

Last night, we left from Maryland after the movers left with my stuff. It was snowing, and by the time I cleaned the house, it was 8:30 pm. I hooked up the trailer with 3000 pounds of select stuff that I didn't send the with movers (yard tractor, lawn mower, snow blower - my toys!). At 9:30 pm, I stopped at a rest stop and we took a short nap because I was drifting off. Got up at midnight!

We drove through Virginia, but I started sleeping again, so we pulled off for another nap at 2:30 am. We woke at 5:00 (!), and got to the hotel in Durham at 5:30. It's now 9:30 am, and time to get the keys for the new house.

Lacy is still asleep.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    That's because her sweet little self is so tired from being sick and being with strangers! Poor thing, don't let me anywhere near her, I'll hug her to death!

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Well, Brenda, you are sure welcome to try. But you will probably have to peel me off, because for the next few days, my hug-o-meter is stuck on HIGH where Lacy is concerned!

    -Greg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home