Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Camden NJ vs. Greenville NC

Here we are, back at Panera's. I am having a house latte, and a loaf of thickly slice rye bread. Most will go home with me (in hand!).

I saw an article recently placing Camden NJ at the top of the list for worst crime cities per capita. (Baghdad may lead in the decapitated per capita category.) Camden is a national disgrace, but Joisey sez, "Ho hum...". So glad we moved out of New Jersey.

By contrast, a young woman (from a set of two young women) came to me just now and asked whether I got on the Internet, because her friend is having a problem with her PC at the next table. When I said "Yes", and no, there is no code, she said in her delightful southern drawl, "Thang kew!" Wonderful! It just makes me smile.

In Camden, she would have broken my new laptop, stolen the screen, and screamed "RAPE!" all at once. Not from malice; from experience.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Meredith, that sounds great! My rye bread last night counted as dinner. I definitely like the wireless internet!

    -Greg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home