Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Friday, April 22, 2005

Pope Benedict XVI

I was going to jump right in and herald the election of the new Pope, but then I thought about his age. We celebrated too fast for John Paul I as I recall, and he died within 38 days. Then, Pope Benedict (Cardinal Ratzinger) predicted that his would be a "short reign" - and he wasn't describing his mangement style! More reason to wait, and maybe write one article called "Hail and Farewell".

Except now I still want to note his ascendency (that's a word, right?) and to acknowledge how comfortable those Catholics are with a Pope who reflects so clearly what we came to understand about Pope John Paul II. There is enough turmoil; it's nice to have some continuity. So welcome, Holy Father! Fair winds and following seas (as we sailors say)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home