Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Trip, Change 1: Update

UPDATE:

Did Bing Crosby and Bob Hope do a "Road to Vacaville" movie? They should have: this is a riot!

Here's the new itinerary:

Thursday - Atlanta
Friday - Visit friends, family in Atlanta
Sat - Springfield IL
Sun - Maple Grove MN - Visit family
Mon - Bismarck ND
Tue - Fort Peck, MT *
Wed - West Glacier, MT
Thurs - Visit Glacier National Park - the best!
Fri - Twin Falls, ID
Sat - Sacramento, CA - my campground for Vacaville

* My mom carried water to the guys building the dam, 1933-36 when she was 11 to 14 years old. Favorite story: Mom would say, "It was so cold building that dam, when you spit, you could hear the spit crack as it froze on the way to the ground." And I would ask, "Mom, am I to understand that my Mom, as a girl, spat all over the dam place just to hear it crack?" She never even smiled...

------------
It wouldn't be a trip without changes, would it?

The itinerary now is North Carolina to Atlanta, to visit with friends and family. Then instead of OK City and Denver, we will go to Minneapolis, to visit family. I hope that some of them will join my caravan, so we will then go to Glacier National Park or thereabouts in Montana. Spend a couple of days, and then on to Sacramento and Vacaville.

My Mom was born in Montana, and went to high school in Great Falls, so my sister and I have been to Montana several times before, as kids.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    I hope to be able to get the CD version. When Lacy tries to read, I get confused and pull over a lot to let her take care of nature, because I caqnnot tell the difference in her "woofs" and "yips". It really annoys her!

    -Greg

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Mellie Helen said…

    Oh how I wish I could join the caravan in Montana. Such beautiful country there!

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Mellie Helen said…

    You might want to read this before driving through Montana. Their tax dollars at work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home