Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Christmas in San Diego



My alma mater, USNA, got its third bowl invitation in as many years yesterday, for the new Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego. So, since I am in northern California, I ordered tickets as soon as they went on sale. (So did 1,000 other alumni in the first afternoon!) Rumsfeld can find plenty of money for Iraq, but the Navy will not buy tickets for Midshipmen to attend, nor will they fly them there in military airplanes. So, I also bought a ticket to donate to the Brigade.

I have not been to a college bowl game ever, and I haven't seen Navy play in person for several years. By the way, Army-Navy is on this weekend.

The bowl game is on Thursday, December 22, at 7:30 pm, at Qualcomm Stadium, and it will be on TV on ESPN-2. Lacy and I will drive down with the trailer from here; it will take about five or six hours. I hope to go on Tuesday or Wednesday, and stay through Christmas. My family lived in San Diego twice, so I have some memories to stir up.

After I got the tickets, they announced the opponent: University of Colorado. We have never played them. Why does the word "PAR-TEE" come to mind?

7 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    Happy Thanksgiving!

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Oh we're not going to be able to deal with you at all until this game happens! I'm glad you your ticket. It'll be a blast! Happy Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Thanks, Kenju. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

    Brenda, I'm neither a football nor an alumnus nut. Take it or leave it. But this will be fun, since I get to go "home" to San Diego, take the 5th wheel and Lacy, and see some old friends. It is also a lot warmer there than it is here!

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Confucious once said that "Man who denies being football or alumnus nut is delusional."

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Yes, but I think, when he said it, that it sounded like "derusional."

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger Mellie Helen said…

    Who says you "can't go home again?" ;)

    Say, I may be in the area when you come down. Perhaps I could finally get to meet you and lovely Lacy in person!

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Mellie, I will make a point of it! Lacy is looking forward to it, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home