Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Monday, November 14, 2005

On the Road Again

Hurry Up! RUSH! RUSH!

Well, I have been tapped to fly from Sacramento to Minneapolis, and drive to Menomonie, Wisconsin, on Wednesday (the day after tomorrow); to get the plastics company who is making parts for my client qualified on printing the parts under FDA standards in two days; and to come on back to continue on the three other - well, six other - super rush HOT HOT things I'm already doing.

So, step one? Get Lacy back to the vet for some more medications for her minor infection; find a reputable boarding place for Lacy; and get all the reservations for her and for me.

All done in about 5 hours. That included the trip to the vet; getting his recommendation on a kennel ("Take her there, because they pay attention and they bring any sick dogs right to me!"); and go to inspect that place with Lacy. It's a combination hunting dog training academy, and large dog boarding place with individual runs with 5' protected area and 10' outdoors, plus a common dog corral for her to socialize (but separately from the hunters). Since Lacy is a lab, she has the hunter genes, so maybe she'll take up a new hobby while she's there.

If the qualifications go as planned, I'll visit my sister's family in Minneapolis Saturday and fly back out to California on Sunday. If not, I can work in Menominee Saturday, Sunday and Monday and fly back if and when they are done. They are conscientious folks, but this is their first time with FDA medical devices so it just takes time.

Phew! Time to breathe now...

4 Comments:

  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    Am I nuts? I thought you moved to Durham. Why are you spending so much time on the west coast, etc?

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    Kenju, you're not nuts. Maybe I am! I live in Apex, south of Durham. I own a business providing engineering and consulting seervices to pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. Presently, I have a contract with a medical device company in northern California. If you know anyone who ever used Nicoderm to quit smoking, these are the folks who invented it.

    I found out that being mobile I can get a lot more of the more lucrative contracts. Flying with my dog isn't fun, and staying in motels with her is expensive. So, I got a fifth wheel trailer and a big truck to haul it. We've been living in it on the road since early July.

    When I finish here, I'll check out the west coast for other contracts before driving all the way home.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    And when he says big truck, he means Big Ride. BIG Ride.

    You're going to have no blogging time for awhile, I bet. I don't see how you get it all done.

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    Thanks for the update, Greg. I don't see how you will do it all either!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home