Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Monday, October 09, 2006

Lighten It Up

.













Recently, there have been too many downer stories.

The auto-quote today came from Hubert Humphrey: "Never give in and never give up."

Which of course triggered my memories of the movie Galaxy Quest:

"Never give up, never surrender."

Here are a few more from the movie:

Commander Taggart (Tim Allen): "As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Gwen DeMarco (Sigourney Weaver): "They're not ALL 'historical documents.' Surely, you don't think Gilligan's Island is a..."


- [All the Thermians moan in despair]

- Mathesar (Enrico Colantoni): "Those poor people. "


Sir Alexander Dane (Alan Rickman): "By Grabthar's hammer, by the sons of Worvan, you shall be avenged."


Gwen DeMarco (Sigourney): "Fred, you had a part people loved. I mean, my TV Guide interview was six paragraphs about my BOOBS and how they fit into my suit. No one bothered to ask me what I do on the show."

- Fred Kawn (Tony Shalhoub, "Monk" on TV) : "You were... umm, wait... "

- Gwen: "I repeated the computer, Fred."

3 Comments:

  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    I love that movie. I recorded it on my Media Center.

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    Oh and don't forget Guy Fleegman, "Oh that's not right..."

    hehehehe

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    "I'm not even supposed to be here. I'm just 'Crewman Number Six.' I'm expendable. I'm the guy in the episode who dies to prove how serious the situation is. I've gotta get outta here."

    So he went on to become Zaphod Beeblebrox.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home