Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Minnesota, North Dakota and Montana

The town where my sister and her family live does not allow parking on the streets at night, so I found our first KOA campground. Very nice! Clean, well organized, and the hookups and facilities were in great shape. They are not, however, inexpensive.

My family has done a lot of work on the house since I was there last: new multi-level deck overlooking a pond and a small forest, and the basement is finished with two bedrooms, a great room, and a workshop.

It’s nice that my niece’s bedroom is downstairs, since I funded her new bass guitar, and she just got it!

After a great steak dinner at their house, my nephew and his friend (both in the 11 year old range) came back to the campground with my sister and her husband. They enjoyed the tour, until one of them saw my Tivo. Then, it was all “Cool!” That’s when I opened the refrigerator, and gave them ice cream cones. The thought that we’d have a refrigerator that works even when we are driving blew them away!

Got an early start the next day, headed for Bismarck ND. In fact, the roads were so good that we didn’t stop halfway across North Dakota, but continued on to Montana. There weren’t many campgrounds within the last thirty miles of North Dakota and the first thirty of Montana, so we continued until we found one. It was not fancy, nor expensive, so we pulled right in.

It is nice to stay in a beautiful campground, with laundry, store, electricity, water and drains. A swimming pool, an internet connection, and a game room are nice. But really our camping is focused on this wonderful hotel room we haul around behind us. Once we close the drapes, we are back in our home, and it’s easy to ignore what’s outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home