Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Monday, August 22, 2005

Overdue

I am way overdue for a good post, and I have one for you; it's just not written yet. It's about my weekend trip to Monterey CA: Lamborghinis, sea otters, itinerant workers and a poor man trying to buy lunch. And, of course, John Steinbeck and Cannery Row!

But I had to write this quickly: the news tells me about Joan Baez at Camp Casey in Crawford?! You gotta be kidding me. I didn't even think she was still alive!

Now here's what it made me think of: a way to nail Osama. We invite Joan's buddy, Hanoi Jane Fonda, to go "protest" the war in her inimitable way: buddy up to the bad guys, sit on their anti-American-airplane rocket launchers and guns, ridicule American POW's and show their secret scraps of paper to their tormentors, and appear in photos with Head Bad Guy. In Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh; in Afganistan: Osama!

Should be easy at that point to target a precision bomb at Osama... and Jane, before she crawls away again! In view of the eastern tradition that you spend eternity with the person you die with, this is a gift which keeps on giving. To both of them!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    You lucky dog! I've always wanted to go to Monterey, since I read Steinbeck. Cannery Row was my favorite. Tell us all about it!

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Daisy said…

    I love the idea of sending Jane over to find Osama and getting rid of the both of them!!!!!!!

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    I want a great sea otter post!!!

    My dad hated Joan Baez with a purple passion. He was working at a show she did at Duke University back in either the late 60's or early 70's...and she refused to acknowledge the "Star Spangled Banner". Boy that had him huffing and puffing! I knew who Joan Baez was before I ever heard a note of her music.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home