Hasty Ruminations

Speaking out, to remove all doubt. http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com

You are here > Weblog

Friday, August 26, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

A few years ago, I did some work for a major pharmaceutical company in Miami Lakes, Fl. So, this morning, I checked out the area on the web to see if Katrina had hit my old friends. This is what I found:


"I didn't think it would be this serious," said North Miami Beach resident Larry Hall, who used the lull of Katrina's eye around 8 p.m. to run to Popeye's Famous Fried Chicken in Miami Gardens in search of the dinner a power outage had denied his family. "I thought it was supposed to be a brush. When it started knocking down trees in the yard, we decided we had to find some food."

Now, my reaction would have been a little different. Instead of "find some food", I would have said, "get the heck outta Dodge!"

What will they do when it tears the roof off their house? Fill the dog's water
bowl?!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said…

    Hurricane Fran came right over the top of my house about 8 years ago. It was the worst night of my life. If another hurricane ever comes this way, I'm going to a shelter.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Stew Magoo said…

    Watching the weather reports on this hurricane, whew. Say a prayer for those folks in the big easy.

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said…

    The Big Easy, after which I named my fifth wheel camper trailer, is a city which is certainly in my prayers. Katrina is now a Category 5 - a monster. Thanks, Stew.

    Brenda, you can hitch a ride in Big Easy any time. Anything over 25 knots, I'm heading out of state. I'm in California now, but there's another 50 miles of USA left before I hit the Pacific, so I'm a watchin' that storm in case I gotta move!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home